Saturday, November 16, 2013

Black Friday... Mexican Style :)

Dear Readers,

Well, after a loooong period of inactivity, I am coming back to blogging. That's right, I am so hipster I have a blog. I remember it was actually around this time a year ago that I opened up this blog, and actually got some traffic, but then came school and blah, blah, blah. You may have noticed I wrote this post in the theme of a letter, well, that is because "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" is my new favorite book and had a great impact on me, LOL. So, shall we start?

I am writing on my long weekend, holiday weekend, or whatever you call it. Revolution Day is a national holiday on November the 20th and usually comes with a day off from school or work. Although it seems almost a tradition that they sort of like move it a few days for us to have a long weekend, which we nonsensically call a "bridge".

Okay, so back to the main topic... Today is Saturday, November 16th and it's the second day of this... thing that has been implemented for the last two years by my beloved Mexican Government. "The Good [week]End" as they call it is nothing more than a mere rip-off (which media call an "equivalent") of American Black Friday. (Just to clear up, the original name, "El Buen Fin" literally means "The Good End", but when you use the word "Fin" in that context, you're most likely talking about a weekend.

It's not the shameful pathetic rip-off (believing they are being sooo original) what's bothering me. What bothers me is that people are actually buying it! People think they should actually buy stuff they do not need just because they are a billion months interest-free. Products aren't even cheaper, they are actually just god damn interest free! But the last straw is that people are spending money now, to spend it again next month! They're buying their 80" LED TV today yes, and that iPad the kid "needs" for "school", but please keep in mind, we're in the middle of November, and the Holidays are coming up, that means, the Christmas dinner, the presents, the New Years Eve Party, and that sure costs a fortune. Now imagine you plunge into debt today AND spend the same money you spent today in a month. How stupid.

And who does this benefit? Of course Dr. Mr. Lord Sir Enrique Peña Nieto, M.D, Ph, D and his fucking bureaucrats, who were given their Christmas bonus early this  year and will be the sole Mexicans who'll make a profit out of this disgusting unleash of consumerism at its highest.

Now I'm not saying all of it is wrong, but there are people who buy excessively without a second thought (it's not Black Friday, amigos). So just be careful. I am gonna leave you with a video; in Spanish. That shows a very well-thought criticism of this Black Friday rip-off. The guy hides under the alias of Jay Sherman (yes, from the show "The Critic"). Hope you understand something.

Gruss,
The Angry Mexican.



No comments:

Post a Comment